Wednesday, June 2, 2010

COMFORTING CARROT CAKE......AND GREAT WOMEN

Today was a baking day for some comforting moments....We are trying to transition in our life with moving back to the mainland to Temecula,CA.
I remember when I started to blog last year we were packed up to move and our escrow from one of our properties fell through. I remember blogging about my frustrations and taking photos of the beach in front of my house, as I walked along the sand. I received a comment from my friend May in Minnesota, I hadn't known her when she left the comment, but I have loved her ever since. She reminded me of the beauty around me and to keep positive and remember my blessings. I was so surprised to even get a comment, but her comments really spurred me on to MORE blogging and to stay positive.Today I found my self frustrated in the process of our transitioning to the mainland, but I stopped and thought of my sweet friend May at
Currentlyontour.blogspot.com and I baked some rolls and made some carrot cake from scratch. Everyone enjoyed the comforting food today and we enjoyed our day together as well ,this is my Mahalo to May for being my friend when I needed one from so very far across the sea
ALL MY ALOHA
BRANDI
...........................here is the Recipe ...........................
PREHEAT 350 DEGREE
BUTTER AND FLOUR A 9X13 PAN
3 CUPS SUGAR
2CUPS VEG OIL
5 EGGS
1TSP VANILLA
-----MIX UNTIL CREAMY AND LIGHT----------
ADD---
3 CUPS GRATED CARROTS
1 CUP CRUSHED WALNUTS
1/2 CUP RAISINS
1/2 CUP CRAISINS
-----SIFT TOGETHER---------------
4 CUPS SIFTED FLOUR
2TSP BAKING POWDER
2TSP BAKING SODA
1/2 TSP SALT
2 TSP CINNAMON

---------ADD DRY INGREDIENTS TO WET MIXTURE AND POUR INTO A PREPARED PAN BAKE FOR APPROX 30 MINUTES...FROST WITH BUTTER CREAM ICING.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Sweet Friend! So did you move already? Or are you just thinking about moving? Sounds like you already moved.........I'm kinda slow LOL.

    I love carrot cake one of my favs! Looks yummy!

    I hope all is well and my thoughts and prayers are with you.~Cheers Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you how are you doing? How is your son doing? I thought the photos of your daughter were just lovely. And I love carrot cake! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Royal Decrees