Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Will I Survive These Teenagers????


It seems to be so very Bitter Sweet....somehow finally getting them all to an age that they are old enough to have some fun with me and have good conversations seeming like a very sweet time, but then it becomes only a moment!


The next thing I know I am referee with flying arms and legs keeping them all in separate corners . As soon as that quiets down the cell phones are ringing from text messages coming in, Who has to be where, who needs a ride, who can catch a ride, who's picking up who,who needs to be dropped off oh and my favorite "what time will you be home"?

My wallet has become an open invitation for what ever the need is at the moment! Bus money,gas money,lunch money,movie money,taco bell and every other fast food that crosses their path and of coarse the ever famous 7-11, how can they not have pork hash or musubi? For you mainlanders who would never consider eating fast food at a 7-11, only in Hawaii do they cater in hot local food, at first I was very afraid!! but surprisingly, it really is good and fresh, but don't try it anywhere but Hawaii...and don't forget"do you have any gum?"


No sooner I find a quiet moment at home where I don't have to be anywhere or do anything, there is a thump of the base on our surround sound vibrating the walls as loud as possible coming from the digital music they are playing on the flat screen? Now I have always loved music, and I know how to shake it!!! but, do you think these teenagers enjoy Mom dancing? oh no, they laugh and then scream out as if to be in pain, MOM WE HAVE NEIGHBORS!!!


How about when we are arriving home from work and they all want a friend to come over! OK, that sounds fine, but then as soon as we agree, Al and I are asked to retire to our bedroom where the other wide screen is so they can have the family room to entertain!?!? you know I never thought to have the party at my house when I was a teenager, but then again, my parents would of never given up the family room either...lol


We love that they want their friends to come over, and we really wouldn't have it any other way.

It is a good feeling when they are having fun just hanging out at home and comfortable to have friends over too..

I love it

It really becomes interesting when the 2 younger ones have friends over to play wii or xbox or guitar hero, then somehow they all seem to join in no matter what the age... but then the raid is on my refrigerator..last week I baked 4 loaves of bread a pan of rolls(30) 4trays of blueberry scones with a lemon glace ( 30),1 large bundt carrot cake with butter cream glaze and 4 dozen chocolate choc chip cookies, you know the chewy buttery kind. It looked like Christmas came early! OK, gone in 2 days, the third day left a trail of bread for toast and a slice of cake, but that was it!Wow, Al was amazed, he gets no special treatment when it comes to any leftovers, it's every man for himself!! I said, hellooooooooooo they are teenagers, and the girls can eat as good as the guys!! Their friends ask when I am baking? soooo love it!!


Not sure I am going to have an easy time getting thin and cooking for the Army but it's all good because I honestly know that this is such a brief moment in all of our lives, to share this time together, before our family changes again, Travis graduates,leaves on a mission, Nana comes home....and so life changes again, never to be the same, but that is what being in the journey is all about.. accepting change and enjoying the moments...because that's all we really have..

And life goes on.....

1 comment:

  1. WHAT in the world??? those first three posts?? how random?
    actually- the first shoe one- I got when I first started blogging too... why do they think we need a bizillion jordan shoes?

    ANYWAY
    You amaze girl! your kids are lucky to have such a great mom who can COOK! all that yummy bread! How do you find the energy?

    ReplyDelete

Royal Decrees